Best Car Driving Tips For A Tata Nano Diesel Car
Tata Nano was already famous among the middle class families as the cheapest car ever. But with the launch of the diesel version of Tata Nano, consumers got relief from serious fuel price hikes as well. The diesel engine of the car has been invented by Bosch, a leading name in the automotive industry.
Tata Nano specifications
The diesel engine will be under the range of 600 to 700cc, and the running cost is expected to be as low as Re. 1 per km. The car will be equipped with a 0.6L 34.5bhp rear engine, giving out a mileage of 28 to 33kmpl, and a fuel tank capacity of 15 liters. With all these specifications, Tata Nano is going to have the smallest diesel mechanism ever, which will be able to carry better fuel economy and release less carbon emissions.
Car driving tips for a Tata Nano car
Now that you have made up your mind to buy this Tata Nano car, here are a few car driving tips that can be helpful in driving this vehicle more efficiently:
- First of all, you should give up your aggressive driving habits. Tata Nano car has a low torque of 48rpm, and if you drive aggressively, it may cost you around 2 liters more fuel per 100 kms.
- Try to drive on the route that is less crowded than others and has fewest stop lights, so that you do not get interrupted time and again.
- Try to leave the habit of accelerating to 20% over the speed limits on highways, as this may affect your car’s fuel consumption significantly.
- Do not over-correct your driving speed by braking, decelerating, over-accelerating or applying pedal time and again. This may lead to wastage of fuel.
- Use the higher gears as soon as possible. Some may say that you should allow your engine to over-rotate, but in this way, you will spend more fuel than needed, and this will in turn decrease life of the engine.
- Whenever you notice that your car’s engine is stalling, shift to the lower gear. If you are driving in a higher gear and your engine is not pulling any more, do not push the accelerator stronger, as this may lead to squirting of more fuel. The best thing you can do in such situation is to drive on a lower gear.
- Do not use the engine brake to stop your vehicle.
- Many people forget that every feature they use inside the car consumes fuel. Try to use facilities like defrost, fans, seat warmers and air conditioners as less as possible.